Lindsey Manufacturing has constantly delivered quality voltage and current sensing post insulators for over thirty years, all with an aim to help with smart grid applications. The new GEN2 Post Insulator Sensors are offering the exact same reliability and accuracy of the industry standard Polysil insulation, with various extra improvements becoming reality. Utility is practically increased.
New Features Of Importance
The GEN2 Post Insulator sensors launched by Lindsey Manufacturing improved the past Polysil sensors, offering various extra features that should be mentioned, including:
- Weight is basically half of what we see with the Polysil sensors by Lindsey.
- Various conductor sizes are accommodated thanks to hotstick friendly conductors.
- Cables are glove-friendly, including waterproof connectors in a bayonet-style. These are snapping when they are closed. We thus see that under- and over-tightening is no longer necessary. Basically, protection from the elements is offered, with connectors that are fully waterproof even when fully exposed to weather elements.
An Advanced Performance
GEN2 manages to offer increased performance. This is important for all electricity distribution companies and manages to reduce overall distribution costs. There are some clear advanced performance characteristics that have to be mentioned, including the following key elements:
- Voltage accuracy is 0.5%, with included flat harmonic response, all with zero phase shift. We are looking at a high accuracy in the GEN2 Post Insulator Sensors that make the devices perfect for the advanced metering needed in modern applications. Precise feeder voltage knowledge is necessary for the success of any distribution company and even for the entire economy.
- When no phase shift is present, the current accuracy is still really high, at 1%.
- Current and voltage accuracy is not impacted by conductor diameter or the influence of weather.
- Current outputs are very low, at low voltage and completely safe.
- Leakage distance is increased by thirty percent.
- Construction is hydrophobic cycloaliphatic epoxy. This offers increased performance when looking at environments that are wet or with a really high pollution.
- All mechanical and electrical requirements needed for post insulators are met. This offers practically endless installation options.
Obviously, much more can be said about the GEN2 Post Insulator Sensors offered by Lindsey Manufacturing. When there is more information needed, you can always request it from the Lindsey USA website.
Regular Traditional Lindsey Post Insulators
Lindsey sensors are basically industry standard and have been offering exceptionally reliable current measurements and voltage measurements for years now. Everything is as accurate as it could be, only improved by GEN2. At the moment, there are practically hundreds of thousands of medium voltage resistive divider-based sensors installed because of the following reasons:
- Can be used to measure current, voltage or both.
- Voltage accuracy is 0.5% as standard with current accuracy being at 1%.
- Unprecedented reliability.
- Lack of phase shift on current and voltage measurements.
- Can be installed in demanding harmonic applications.
On the whole, Lindsey Manufacturing sensors set the bar in the industry and it is hard to argue with the fact that quality is very high. This includes both the regular sensors and the new GEN2 option.