While dealing with the health of kids, there has to be an immense care in the planning of diet for your dear one. However, it tends to be a hectic job for a parent to ensure the ample amount of protein content in the diet of their kid. The importance of protein is quite significant when it comes to the health and overall growth of a young child which is why this article focuses on letting you know some of the food items that can ensure the required protein supply.
Before getting started, it is important to understand that proteins are vital nutrients for the muscle growth of human body, be it a kid or a grownup. So, adding protein-rich food in the diet is always a wise choice as people often look for supplements like protein powders. You can have a look at the summary of the 4 best tasting low carb protein powders so as to make sure if there is any such requirement or not. Proteins also help to boost the metabolism of the body along with ensuring the healthy functioning of it. So let’s get started with the list of the food items that can be proved to be good sources of protein for your kid.
- Milk: Milk is known to contain almost every essential nutrient required by the body and thus you can’t afford to miss it in your kid’s diet plan. It is not only a rich source of Calcium which plays an important role in keeping the bones and teeth healthy but is also a rich source of protein. However, make sure that your kid is not lactose intolerant.
- Legumes: Some of the major legumes such as kidney beans, black beans, lentils etc. are quite rich in the protein content and are extremely good for the health of your kid. You can plan to bake them and serve them as snacks or can even add them to burger and patties, thus making them more delicious and nutritious at the same time.
- Nuts: Nuts are yet other great sources of protein apart from being ready-to-go munchies for your kids. You can pack them up with their lunch before sending them off to school so that they can enjoy a crunchy and nutritious snack.
- Avocadoes: For the fact, avocadoes clearly seem to be winners when the battle is of protein content among all the fruits and vegetables. Turns out that avocados contain as much as 4 grams of proteins per piece, thus being really rich in protein content. Also, the delicious taste of avocados makes them stand apart in the battle of nutritional value as your kid is just going to love them.
- Peanut butter for the breakfast: Peanut butter comes with around 5 grams of protein content per tablespoon which is quite good considering how delicious it tastes. You can spread it on the toast and can even use it with other food products as per the liking of your kid. It will not only prove to be a treat for the taste buds of your loved one but will also ensure a high protein intake.
- Eggs: Eggs are something that children usually love to eat as they are known to be one the most versatile food items. Make sure to add them in the diet of your kid so that you can be assured that your kid is having the required protein intake for the healthy functioning and growth of their body.