When you are considering a vacation in the United States, then think about visiting Charlotte, N.C. This is the largest city in North Carolina with over 840,000 year-round residents. More individual are moving to this city because there are numerous fun things to do during the day and evening. You can find activities for single adults, couples or families with children.
Enjoy the Amenities At Freedom Park
If you enjoy visiting historical homes and neighborhoods, then Charlotte is perfect because it is one of the oldest cities in the United States. Begin by finding Freedom Park because the oldest homes and businesses are near this area. You can stroll through the neighborhood before enjoying the amenities at the park that include:
- Playground equipment
- Athletic fields
- Tennis courts
- Paved trails
- Volleyball courts
Throughout the summer, you can enjoy free musical and film performances at Freedom Park.
Stop By the Nearby Charlotte Nature Museum and Discovery Place
Next, walk to the nearby Charlotte Nature Museum that includes Discovery Place that is designed for young children. Both children and adults will learn about animals and plants in this area by spending a few hours at these locations.
Charlotte Has a Lot of Museums To Visit
You can also find several museums in Charlotte that give you a chance to look at paintings, sculptures or other interesting items. Here are some of the museums in this city:
- Charlotte Museum of History – historical home and grounds
- NASCAR Hall of Fame – features the people and vehicles used in NASCAR
- Mint Museum – features art and design
- The Light Factory – featuring photography exhibits
- Levine Museum of the New South – learn about this city’s history
- Carolinas Aviation Museum – dedicated to aviation
Take Time For Performing Arts Activities in Charlotte
If you like the performing arts instead, then Charlotte has a lot to offer. Some of these performing arts activities are available year-round while others occur seasonally. Make sure to schedule time for these performing arts activities while you are visiting Charlotte:
- Carolina Renaissance Festival – weekend festival in October and November
- Citizens of the Universe – innovative performing art
- The Robot Johnson Show – a weekly sketch comedy show
- Opera Carolina – founded in 1948 for opera performances
- North Carolina Music Factory – local music venue
- Children’s Theater of Charlotte – professional theater performances
- Charlotte Shakespeare – professional theater company
- Charlotte Symphony Orchestra – musical performances
- Charlotte Ballet – seasonal ballet performances
Charlotte Also Has Sport Venues For Travelers
When you enjoy sports instead, you can buy tickets to a game in Charlotte. This city has two professional sport franchises that include the Charlotte Hornets and the Carolina Panthers. You can visit a game at the Bank of America Stadium or the Spectrum Center. In addition to football and basketball games, you can see a hockey or baseball game that includes the Charlotte Express, Charlotte Knights or Charlotte Checkers.
There Are Great Places To Consume a Tasty Meal In Charlotte
Additional fun places in Charlotte include the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden or the Carowinds amusement park. While vacationing in Charlotte, you can always find a fantastic restaurant that has traditional American recipes or exotic dishes. Many of the restaurants welcome children while others are designed for adults. Visit Charlotte soon to enjoy this fantastic city.
Jessica Kane is a professional blogger who writes for Documents International LLC, a leading apostille service for individuals and businesses.