A living room without a coffee table is an artwork without detailing. Coffee tables are used in different ways; to complete a look, to add storage space or to display aristocracy. A wooden table with stylish legs or a shiny or matte metallic one with a glass top or round, rectangular or square table with the sober finish; there are lots of options available in the market to choose from. Finding the perfect coffee table for your living room suggests some thoughtful considerations and some effort of course, but it is not at all a very difficult task. Choose the best one for you with these 5 tips and tricks:
- Size: The size of your coffee table should be 1-2 inches lower from the seat of your couch or sofa. If the sofa is a higher one you need to buy a taller table. Tall tables are more convenient if you entertain many guests at a time and make it easier for guests to keep a glass or a plate on the table.
- Shape: Round or an oval coffee table is ideal for people having children or pets. A sharp corner injures kids or pets but a smooth edge will never hurt. Choose a shape that fits the space in front of the sofa best.
- Price: The price of a coffee table can range from too expensive on your pocket to very a low and budget-friendly one. The table should be a perfect match for the couch. You can choose the complete set of sofas at urban ladder matching with your table.
- Usage: Tables with shelves or with drawers can be used as storage spaces where you can keep everything starting from kids’ toys to the stack of your favorite magazines. Pick a piece on which you can place drinks and snack plates with ease A table with lines and textured design made out of a material of your choice can create a perfect balance between beauty and utility.
- Style: While purchasing your coffee table first decide which of the styles like informal, formal, vintage or modern best matches with the decor of your living area.Choose a sleek metal table with a glass top for a contemporary appearance or go for a rustic table made of oak wood for a casual country oriented look or buy a round table with designer legs for a romantic feel. You can choose from innumerable styles keeping in mind your basic scheme of interior decoration.
Think out of the box and create a perfect coffee table which is not a table at all. Old iron trunks, ottomans, and cedar chests and are wonderful alternatives to the prototype coffee table. Put your feet up on these offbeat tables without concern for the tabletop. Several garden stools can be used as a coffee table. The wide variety of colors and patterns of the stools creates a vibrant living room.