Printing important documents is still a significant requirement in most places of work – and potentially a major expense on the balance sheet as well. So how do you ensure that you are making efficiencies wherever possible, reducing costs around printing processes, but still retaining the quality you need to do business? This is where partnering with a Managed Print Services Provider can help.
If you don’t know exactly how much of your budget goes towards printing and related costs, you may be surprised. The good news is, this means there’s generally scope to make a great saving without having to cut services. But it’s not just paper and ink at stake – your IT infrastructure is also important. If you have faulty or older equipment which tends to malfunction a lot, you also have to factor in the time wasted by employees and the extra calls to IT support that are related to things such as printing and scanning issues or paper jams.
Polling expert Gartner estimates that 50% of calls to the IT support service in any business are related to the printer functions – that’s a lot of wasted time and money.
Moving To Managed Print Services
Managed Print gives you a laser focus on this important office function – and where it’s hitting your bottom line. Printing giants Xerox found that office print costs equate to around 3 percent of a company’s revenue, so if you can reduce that expense just a little, you could stand to make major savings.
With the insights and enablement you gain working with a Managed Print Services provider, you can make savings without compromising on your business needs and free up IT resources to deal with more strategic tasks. Supporting your team with their printing jobs, DMC Media Solutions can help you to:
- Understand the cost of your office’s print expenditure
- Identify synergies and inefficient processes that can help you save budget
- Have all your print work managed easily through one central service
- Develop a security policy around use of printers and printed materials
- Free up your IT support from dealing with printer-related issues
- Identify and log what is being printed and by whom
- Optimize your print work to suit the company’s needs
- Conduct a full-scale assessment across your print work
- Support with the planning and execution of large-scale print jobs
- Keep your printing processes secure and protected from cyber crime
A Natural Fit For Forward-Thinking Businesses
If you’re focused on a leaner, more agile operation that uses print resources wisely and effectively, then working with a Managed Print Services partner can help you to achieve your goals. With a regular servicing plan, and properly educated employees that understand all the printer settings, you could be seeing savings of up to 30% on printing costs.